Case Study: Taking An Old Neglected Niche Website From Making $0 To $100 a Day
In this case study, I’ll show you how I take one of my old and neglected WordPress blogs (declutterhowto.com which currently gets no traffic) to making $1 a day, then $10, then $100 a day… It will show you what is ACTUALLY possible online with simple niche websites.[box]A niche website that makes an average of $100 per day x 7 days = $700 per week, or $3,033 per month, or $36,400 per year… AND it could potentially be sold for $36,000 to $54,500.[/box]
Enjoy the video…
Watch on YouTube: WordPress Blog Monetization Case Study
In the model train niche I created an income of $359,515.79 in 23 months by focusing on the niche, ignoring all the new guru products, and constantly testing and tweaking my sales funnel. It was hard work, but the results made it all worth it.
About 3 years ago (before focusing on the model train niche) I had subscribed to the strategy of having 100 websites with search engine optimised posts bringing me free traffic.
The plan was to have 100 websites earning an average of $200 a month, giving me a total monthly income of about $20,000…
…It sounded like a great idea at the time! But after the 50th one, I realised that building the websites is the easy part. The hard part is getting the traffic and making the traffic convert.
I still own most of those websites and my plan is to build each one of them (one at a time) into cash machines and sell them as profitable businesses. AND, you get to watch as I sink or swim 🙂
Many people have asked why I would sell a website when it is making money… and it’s because I’m passionate about the research and marketing process, but not the niche…
My plan is simple…
- Research the niche and make sure there are others making money in this niche. I’ve already done this for the declutter niche, but I’ll do an update in the next few days so you can see my exact thinking on this.
- Make the website profitable within 30 days. It is important to build a profit history as soon as possible as it helps achieve a higher sale price.
- Scale the profits to $100 a day. This is done with a combination of targeted traffic and improving the conversion on the landing page.
- Sell the website for more than 12 months of the average monthly profit.
NOTE: In this case study I won’t be covering how to pick a niche or set up your website, because that information has been covered before on InMyHomeOffice.com. I’ll provide the links below, if you need to know where the information is:
- Which Niche Should You Choose?
- How To Choose And Buy A Domain Name
- Website Hosting – Which Is Best & How To Set It Up
The next step is to research the competition in this niche and make sure they are making money. This is a critical step, because you don’t want to put a huge amount of time and effort into a niche that doesn’t provide the rewards.
Please leave your questions or comments below…