How To Make Money Online And At Home By Writing?
Do you like writing on certain subjects? Have you been told that you write well or are a good story teller?
If so, then you can turn your writing into cash by becoming a freelance writer!
This is another one of those money-making methods that’s incredibly quick and easy to implement.
It doesn’t matter if you’ve never written for money before. You don’t need to be a trained writer, you don’t need to be a published author and you don’t even need any credentials.
All you need is your computer and a desire to write!
Here’s How To Make Money Writing
Here’s how to make money writing using the Freelancer W.R.I.T.E.R. system…
W – Weigh Your Options
You could be a writer that writes about any subject, if you wanted to. However, you’ll make more money if you specialize in one or two different niches.
Examples of these different niches are:
- Health niches
- Pet or animal niches
- Gardening niches
- Hobby niches
You can further specialize by a type of writing service. Examples of these writing services are:
- Short reports (5 to 20 pages)
- Ebooks (50 to 120 pages)
- Articles (500 – 750 words)
- Blog posts (300 – 500 words)
- Sales copy
By specializing you can charge a premium. A specialist writer in the health niche could charge more than 5 times the price that a general writer would.
This is because as a specialist you learn the language of the niche, learn how the articles should be written and become a wealth of knowledge along the way. This is very valuable to the person requesting the article.
R – Receive Payment
It is common practice to be paid before you start writing, but your customers will want to pay online and usually using a credit card.
This is easy to setup using Paypal or you can operate through a freelancing site like Elance or Fiverr and accept payment through their escrow system. An escrow system means that the customer pays to a 3rd party and when they accept that the work is complete, the funds are released to you. There is a dispute system which can be helpful.
I – Identify Customers
After you have decide on your writing speciality and how you will accept payment, the next step is to find customers.
You can do this many different ways. Here are a few:
- You can bid for jobs on Elance.com and other freelancing sites.
- You can post an ad on forums related to your niche.
- You can post ads on CraigsList.org.
- You can find other writers and offer to do the work they can’t handle.
There are so many different ways and it may be a little slow initially, but very soon you will have more customers than you can handle.
T – Take Inventory of Needs
Now that you have customers, it is imperative that you find out exactly what they want, so that your writing will meet and exceed their requirements. Over time you will get better at this.
E – Execute the Work Order
Customers are always searching for good writers and when they find one they usually hold on to them and get them to do all their writing.
So, the secret to keeping customers and getting the repeat business is to make sure they are happy. This is fairly easy, just by simply:
- Communicating with the customer. A quick email to update them will solve many potential problems. Be open and honest. If you are going to be late with delivery tell them the truth and usually they will be very understanding.
- Providing exceptional work. Do extra niche research if you need to, write a longer article if it will result in a better product because going that extra mile will be noticed and will come back to you ten-fold.
- Meeting deadlines. This should be a given but so many writers don’t pay attention to deadlines. Your goal should be to always beat the deadline.
R – Reach Your Potential
By following the points above, you will be a specialized and quality writer that over delivers, and your bank balance will love you for it.
But there are a few tips to take it to the next level. This is how:
- Upsell by offering your customers add on services. An example is if a customer orders a lead-generating report, you can offer to do the squeeze page copy or the autoresponder follow up messages.
- Ask for referrals.
- Fire your bad customers. There is no point in keeping bad customers when there are good customers looking for you.
This is just an overview of the W.R.I.T.E.R. system. But, it’s more than enough to get you up and started.
If you like the idea of making money online using your writing skills, this blueprint may be very useful “The 31-Day Guide to Making Money as a Freelance W.R.I.T.E.R.“. It is a step-by-step approach to get you earning a full time income from writing. Click here to get the blueprint.